Narrow leaved plantain (Alisma Lanceolota) native
- Narrow leaved plantain (Alisma Lanceolota) is a native perennial herbaceous shallow water plant which is suitable for ponds or lakes.Â With lance shaped leaves that grow 12 – 20cm (5 – 8 in) long, Alisma lanceolota has graceful sprays of small white flowers which open in the mornings from June to August. These tall emergent marginal water plants are a good habitat for emerging pond insects and are also attractive to amphibians, birds and mammals.
- Plant in full sun or part shade.
- Height 90cm (36inches)
- Planting depth 0 – 15 cm (0 – 6 ins) of water above crown of plant.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information