Pendulous Sedge (Carex Pendula) Native Marginal plants
Pendulous Sedge (Carex Pendula) Native Shallow water plant
- Pendulous Sedge (Carex Pendula) is a native shallow water plant, marginal pond plant. It looks good as a spot plant but will also form large clumps. It produces tall strap-like leaves which are almost evergreen. In summer it sends up arching stems to 92cm (36in)bearing the long pendulous catkin-like seedheads which can be up to 15cm (6 ins) long.
- Carex pendula is a strong growing plant can either be treated as a marginal pond plant or a water loving plant.
- Height to 152cm (60in).
Prefers moist soil but can be planted in water up to 10cm (4 in) deep.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0180
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information