Soft rush (Juncus effusus) Native Marginal plants
Soft rush (Juncus effusus) Native, shallow water plant
- Soft rush (Juncus effusus) is a native shallow water plant. This is a fairly common, English native, marginal plant which forms spiky tussocks at the water’s edge or in wet soil. With tall, thin, smooth stems without leaves its pale brown flowers are borne in loose, rounded clusters from May to July.
- This plant will self-set very easily.
- Height up to 76-92cm ( 30-36in ) tall
- Planting depth 0-15cm ( 0-6in ) of water above soil.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0460
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information