Norfolk Reed (Phragmites australis) Native Marginal plants
Norfolk Reed (Phragmites australis) Native Shallow water plant
- Norfolk Reed (Phragmites australis) Native. Shallow water, marginal pond, plant. This is a vigorous perennial grass with linear leaves and large, feathery, purple, flower panicles in late summer. Used in reed beds and natural swimming pools for the reduction of nutrients in water.
- Also known as Common reed.
- Height up to 180cm (72in)
- Planting depth 0-90cm (36in) of water above soil level.
- Beware the strong, rhizomatous, roots can grow through pond liner!
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0740
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information