Bur Reed (Sparganium erectum) Native Marginal plants
Bur Reed (Sparganium erectum) Native Shallow water plant
- Bur Reed (Sparganium erectum) is a native, shallow water plant. It is a rush like plant leaves to 90cm (36in) high. Producing interesting, prickly, round seedheads.
- planting depth 3-5 ins.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Care – very invasive.
- A word of caution for potential buyers, the sharp pointed roots of Bur reed can easily puncture plastic or butyl liners.
- Product Code: M0960
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information