Hornwort (Ceratophyllum dermersum) Native oxygenator
Hornwort (Ceratophyllum dermersum) Native oxygenating plant
- This oxygenator Hornwort (Ceratophyllum dermersum) should be on every pond owners list! It grows in sun or shade and does not root therefore it is easy to control. Planting Hornwort is simple-just drop weighted clumps into water.
- The stems branch and they are covered in crowded whorls of dark green leaves. As well as helping to keep the water fresh and healthy Hornwort provides a perfect environment for wildlife and spawning fish.
- Note the plant sinks to bottom of pond and over-winters as dormant buds. As the days lengthen and the water warms up the buds will begin to grow again.
- Planting depth 12 to 36 in.
- Contact us if you require more information