Snowdrops in the green (Galanthus nivalis) (native)
Snowdrops in the green
- This is the native Snowdrop, Galanthus nivalis which grows throughout Britain. Flowering very early in the year it can often be seen pushing it’s head above snow in January. The delicate, single,nodding white flowers tipped with green are very attractive to bees and also provide one of their earliest food sources.Â Â It will grow in most soils and grass as well as damp woodlands.
- Plant in rich, moist well drained soil, if planted in grass don’t cut until the leaves die back. Shade tolerant.
- When you plant bulbs ‘in the green’ they establish really well. We will carefully lift the bulbs immediately before carefullyÂ packing and sending them out by first class post or courier so that they arrive as fresh as possible.
- Height 10-15cm (4-6ins)
- Flowers January to March.
- Pack of 10 freshly lifted bulbs.
- Contact us if you require more information