Nymphaea ‘ Ellisiana ‘ Water Lily
Nymphaea ‘ Ellisiana ‘ Water Lily is a brilliant red lily suitable for small ponds and tubs and barrels. It is a very free flowering water lily with a brilliant red flower which are star shape. It has a very strong fragrance. A very popular choice with gardeners trying to create wildlife habitats in smaller areas in a variety of different spaces. Whether you just have a balcony tub or a small barrel this lily is a perfect addition.
- Flower size 10 – 13 cm ( 4 – 5 inches ) Number of petals 21 to 22
- Leaf top has green new leaves dark green blotched purple. Underside green new leaves purple -bronze. Lobes overlap slightly on new leaves. The sinus wide open on older leaves. Stem colour bronze with few short hairs
- Leaf size 18 – 20 cm ( 7 – 8inches ) when mature
- Leaf spread 0.9 meter ( 3 feet ) when mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Ellisiana ‘ this is a good lily for tubs and small ponds
- Planting depth 30 – 45 cm ( 12 – 18 inches ) from soil level
- Position is full sun in still water.
- Fully hardy we grow all of our lily’s natural outdoors all year round.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NR065
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available via telephone Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and are available via email outside these hours. We are happy to help with any queries you may have.