Pygmy Helvola water lily
Pygmy Helvola water lily (N. ‘ Pygmaea Helvola’) This is a very small water lily, a true miniature with wonderful yellow flowers. Probably the most popular dwarf water lily and certainly the smallest yellow. It is thus an ideal lily for a tub or small pool or can be grown on the shallower marginal shelf of a pond. This lily is suitable for the smallest of spaces making it ideal if you are trying to create a wildlife habitat in a small area.
- Has olive green, mottled leaves, and canary yellow, star shaped, semi-double flowers that appear all summer long.
- If not repotting yearly we suggest feeding occasionally with Growth Balls pushed into the soil below the tuber.
- Spread :- 24in (60 cm)
- Planting Depth :- 6 to 9 in (15-22 cm) of water above soil level.
- Position in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of 11 to 19cm across.
- Product Code: NY040
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.