Autumn Fern. Dryopteris erythrosora.
Autumn fern, Dryopteris erythrosora, also known as Japanese Shield Fern, is a semi-evergreen fern. It grows to 75cm high, forming a compact clump of broadly ovate, bipinnatifid fronds. Often coppery-pink when young, the spore-heaps are also often pink. Suitable for bog gardens, pondside and damp gardens as well as woodland gardens beds boarders and underplanting. A beautiful addition to any garden and an impressive plant.
- A beautiful deciduous fern that forms a shuttlecock-like crown. Foliage is broadly triangular and divided; it is a lovely coppery pink when young, slowly maturing to dark green. Foliage persists until mid-winter.
- Plant with plenty of well rotted leaf mold or compost and keep moist.
- Contrasts beautifully with other shade loving plants. This plant is also suitable for the pondside or damp garden. Place around the edge of a pond, providing soil is damp and not waterlogged. Alternatively plant in damp areas of the garden.
- Plant in partial or full shade in fertile, moist, well-drained soil.
- Height 60cm
- Spread 60cm
- We ship all plants bareroot this means that we wash the soil from the roots before shipping and your plant will be ready to pot or moved into its permanent home. During the summer months we may need to trim back some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information we are available between the hours of 08:30am and 16:30pm and via email. Our team would be happy to help with any queries you may have.