Gunnera manicata (Giant Rubarb).
Gunnera manicata (Giant Rubarb) is a moisture loving plant which likes humus rich soil that is permanently moist. This herbaceous perennial is very architectural with large rhubarb like leaves. With the right conditions over time can become very large and needs space to grow. Good for planting in bog gardens and around the edges of your pond or lakes. A beautiful addition to your garden. We grow these in 9cm pots ready to plant into your own garden.
- Grow in sun or partial shade.
- Likes very moist soil do not allow to dry out.
- Protect the crown in winter will benefit from mulching.
- Flowers between July and August, with impressive red flowers.
- Remove any leaves that become damaged and cut back after flowering.
- Height up to 240cm (96ins)
- Spread 360cm (144ins)
- You will need to protect and cover this plant during hard frosts
- Product Code: P0201
- Please note we ship all of our plants bareroot. This means that we wash the soil from the roots before sending. During the summer months we may need to trim back some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you might have.
- Plants are 1 year old and grow very quickly.