Fibre optic plant. Cotton bud grass (Scirpus cernuus)
Fibre optic plant. Cotton bud grass
- Fibre optic plant (Scirpus cernuus), also known as Cotton bud grass, is a great topic of conversation plant. This grass has slender green foliage, on the tips are buff colored flowers. The flowers resemble the look of fiber optic lights hence the common name. This is a plant that will do great near water or in moist soils.
- It can also be planted in up to 10cm of water and will act as an oxygenator. It has a neat, clumping growth habit.
- Height 25-30cm (10-12in) tall
- Spread 50cm (20in) at maturity.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: M0920
- Contact us if you require more information
Out of stock