Hair Grass (Eleocharis acicularis) Native oxygenator
Hair grass, Eleocharis acicularis, is a native plant that will grow under water where it looks like fine, bright green, grass and will act as an oxygenator. It is also know as Needle Spike rush and is one of the most versatile water plants. This plant will also grow in wet meadows, marsh lands, slow moving streams and lakes as well as muddy margins. It provides a wonderful underwater habitat for aquatic wildlife.
- It can be planted into a depth of water of 60 cm.
- Grown as an oxygenating plant it will grow to a height of 15 cm.
- As an oxygenating plant we would plant it into a 11cm pond basket.
- It can also grow as a marginal plant in shallow water but will be much shorter.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and via email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.