- Floating islands are a low cost, modular unit system that allows the creation of custom made floating islands. These can bring about a great improvement in the appearance of many open water areas. Their uses include enhancing the landscape, improving the environment and also encouraging wildlife diversity.
- Suitable for rivers, lakes and canals as well as reservoirs, storm water storage and sewage lagoons.
- They can include unique add ons such as anti predator fish refuges, biological filters, anti grazing framework and spawning medium.
- Assembled from 2m² or 4m² units. Available with either straight or radius “curved” sections to meet customer needs.
- DIY kits available.
Floating islands offer the following benefits:
- Reduce high nutrient levels and algae.
- Offer protection from predators and hiding places for fish and wildfowl.
- Absorb pollutants and remove suspended solids.
- Help reduce bank erosion through wave reduction.
- Provide a natural “food larder” for fish.
- Enhance the landscape and also provide a “natural” feature to open water.
- Low cost and low maintenance.
- Delivery charges on this product depend on quantity and destination.
- Please Contact us for more information, to discuss your needs, or to obtain a quote.