Darwin water lily. (Nymphaea ‘Darwin’) pink
Darwin water lily (Nymphaea ‘Darwin’) formerly called ‘Hollandia’ it is free flowering and is one of my favourite water lilies. These beautiful water lilies open with light pink inner petals and paler outer petals that then develop a deeper pink colour. The very well shaped peony style, double flowers are slightly fragrant and the centres are golden yellow. A very popular lily for adding not only colour to your pond but for providing a natural habitat for aquatic wildlife.
- The new leaves start brownish in colour and then become deep green. The leaves are round in shape and the sinus varies considerably with some lobes overlapping and some separated by an open ‘V’ even on the same plant. The stems are purple underwater and green above and also have short fuzz on the underwater section.
- A strong growing water lily recommended for medium to large pools.
- Makes a terrific cut flower.
- Planting depth above soil level : 24in/ 60cm
- Spread 48in/120cm
- Position in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NP020
- Contact us if you require more information. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.