Hermine water lily (Nymphaea ‘Hermine’)
Hermine water lily (Nymphaea ‘Hermine’) produces a simply elegant and charming star shaped white flowers with a colourful yellow centre. These blooms are 13-14 cm across with seventeen to twenty petals and also have a slight fragrance. Lovely to have in small ponds, tubs and barrels making it ideal for small spaces. It is such a versatile plant we have known people who have not had much space successfully grown this in a washing up bowl to create wildlife habitats in small areas. It needs to be placed in full sun in still water and it will thrive.
- The heart-shaped leaves with their wide open sinus are slightly bronze when young and then mature to a dusky green colour. Mature leaves measure 7 by 6 in (18 by 15 cm).
- Spread 75cm (30ins).
- A small lily which we recommend very highly for small ponds, tubs and barrels.
- Planting depth 45cm (18in) of water above the soil level.
- Likes full sun in undisturbed water
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NW070
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.