Virginalis white water lily (Nymphaea ‘Virginalis’)
Virginalis white water lily (Nymphaea ‘Virginalis’) is a free flowering and dependable water lily considered by many to be one of the best all round hardy white water lilies. It prolifically produces large, white flowers with clear yellow centres. With around twenty petals. These are cup shaped blooms. The new flowers also have a noticeable fragrance. You should have a medium to large size pond or lake for this impressive lily. Not only beautiful to look at but it creates a natural habitat for aquatic wildlife.
- The newest leaves are purple or bronze and then mature to green. The leaf shape is round with lobes that overlap at the sinus and they measure 9 in (23 cm).
- Spread of 36-48 in (90-120 cm) when they are mature
- This handsome lily belongs in a medium or large pond.
- Planting depth 36 in (90 cm) of water above soil level in still clam water.
- Likes to be planted in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: NW140
- Contact us if you require more information. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.