Inner Light water lily (Nymphaea ‘Inner Light’)
Inner Light water lily (Nymphaea ‘Inner Light’) The name of this spectacular, free flowering water lily reflects its almost luminescent centre. This charming cultivar has many tropical characteristics and the way it holds its large flowers high above the water surface just adds to its attraction. The inner petals of these double yellow blooms appear darker yellow than the outer petals and have a soft pink base and these further show off the bright yellow centre. The flowers are stellate (star like) in shape and reach 5-6 in (12,5-15 cm) across with a pleasant fragrance.
- The immature leaves have slight brownish purple mottling and are darker green towards the mid vein and lighter towards the margins. The mature leaves are a brighter green and are nearly round with a slightly open sinus and overlapping lobes. They grow to (15-20 cm) across while the foliage spread overall reaches (150-210 cm).
- These water lilies are suitable for a larger pond.
- Planting depth up to 36in (90 cm)
- Plant in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NY050
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.