Lemon Mist water lily
Lemon Mist water lily. A pretty, very free flowering pale lemon water lily suitable for large ponds. The petals contrast beautifully with the bright yellow centre and the blooms stand 3-4 in (7.5-10 cm) above the water. The thirty eight to forty petals form a (10-12.5 cm) wide, stellate (star like), flower which then becomes wide open. The flowers have a pleasant fragrance and are also produced late into the season. The leaves provide shade across the pond helping with the prevention of algae. Lily’s are also very beneficial to emerging aquatic wildlife as well as the pads providing shelter and a resting place.
- The round, slightly mottled green leaves have a wide open sinus and reach 7-9 in (18-23 cm) across.
- Spread 48-60 in (120-150 cm).
- Wild Life friendly.
- Planting depth 30 -60 cm from the rhizome to the surface of the water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NY055
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are open from 08.30 am to 16.30pm and via email. Our planting team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.