Nymphaea ‘ Andreana ‘ Water Lily
Nymphaea ‘ Andreana ‘ Water Lily is a variable lily, this means that it changes colour through its flowering season. The flower petal is reddish orange inner petals then changes to rusty orange. The outer petals are medium yellow then peach-yellow. With a flower shape that is cuplike then changing to peony style. Has a slight fragrance. This is a lovely lily not only to look at but it provides a good habitat for aquatic wildlife. We would recommend this lily for small to medium ponds.
- Flower size 13 – 18 cm ( 5 – 7 inches ) Number of petals 20 to 22
- Leaf colour the top green dark reddish brown blotches. Underside is green with numerous dark red spots and blotches. Stems green brown when young
- Leave size 18 – 20 cm nearly round and has open sinus.
- Leaf spread 0.9 – 1 – 1.2m ( 3 – 4 feet ) when mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Andreana ‘ can be confused with Nymphaea ‘ Aurora ‘ the main difference is it has large blooms and large leaves. Planting depth 30 = 45 cm ( 12 – 18 inches ) from soil level.
- Position in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NR005
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries