Nymphaea Burgundy Princess ( Red )
Nymphaea Burgundy Princess ( Red ) A beautiful water lily the outer petals of the flower are blush red which deepen to an intense red at the inner petals. The flowers are shaped is like a cup. This lily has a wonderfully delicate slight fragrance. It is fairly free flowering. Lilys provide good coverage for your pond as well as providing aquatic wildlife with shade and perching places.
- Flower size 5 – 10 cm Number of petals 28 to 30 on average.
- Leaf colour The tops are medium green the newer leaves are slightly olive green. The underside of the lily is a faint reddish brown with green tips, the newer leaves appear more reddish brown . The leaf has round lobes that overlap at sinus. The stem colour is brown
- Leaf size 10 – 12.5 cm when mature.
- Leaf spread 0.6 – 1.2 m when mature
- Nymphaea Burgundy Princess has very striking beautiful red blooms that rest on the water surface. We would recommend this lily as being suitable for small ponds to medium ponds
- Planting depth 30 – 45 cm ( 12 – 18 inches ) from soil level.
- Position if full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NR035.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.