Nymphaea ‘ Charlene Strawn ‘ ( Yellow )
Nymphaea ‘ Charlene Strawn ‘ ( Yellow ) A beautiful yellow lily the impressive flower petals sees the inner petals appear as a rich yellow and the outer petals are a lighter yellow. This lily has Star shaped flowers and has a wonderfully sweet fragrance it’s stunning appearance will add some beautiful colour to your pond in summer. As well a being lovely to look at Lily’s provide a good habitat for aquatic animals and cover from the sun and perching places. We would recommend this lily for medium to large ponds.
- Flower size 15 – 20 cm ( 6 – 8 inches ) Number of petals 27 – 29
- Leaf colour The tops are green, the new leaves appear with small purple specks and mottles on them. The underside is a light purple and green mottled purple, the newest leaves are red mottled purple. The Leaf is nearly round the lobes some times overlap at sinus more often sinus open . The Stem colour is brown with thick fuzz on peduncle and petiole
- Leaf size 20 – 23 cm ( 8 – 9 inches )
- Leaf spread 0.9 – 1.5m ( 3 – 5 feet ) When mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Charlene Strawn ‘ this lily is very fragrant and makes a good cut flower. It grows an abundance of leaves.
- Recommended for medium to large ponds
- Position in full sun in still water
- Planting depth 30 -60 cm ( 12 -24 inches ) from soil level
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NY005
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.