Nymphaea ‘Comanche ‘
Nymphaea ‘Comanche ‘ This beautiful lily is a variable water lily changing in colour through peach to red also yellow and apricot to golden orange. Flower shape is cup like. Fragrance is slight and very pleasant. Lily’s provide surface cover on your pond which helps to control algae. They are beneficial to aquatic wildlife with the pads providing cover and resting areas. This lily is suitable for medium to large ponds and will be a wonderful addition to any pond giving an interesting colour.
- Flowers From late June through to September 13cm – 15 cm ( 5 -6 inches ) number of petals 22 to26 .
- Leaf colour The top of the leaf is green newer leaves bronzy green with a few purple flecks . Underside red flecked with purple , flecks prominent on new leaves . Leaves are nearly round , sinus usually wide open ,some of the lobes may overlap partially even on the same plant. The stems are brown with fuzz and small hairs .
- Leaf size 30 – 28 cm ( 12 – 11 inches )
- Leaf spread 1.2m -1.5m ( 4 to 5 feet )
- Nymphaea ‘Comanche ‘is one of the largest and showiest of the variable lilies and is a good choice for medium to large ponds
- Planting depth 30 – 60 cm ( 1 – 2 feet ) from soil level of the basket to the surface of the water.
- Position in full sun in still water
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil