Nymphaea Laydekeri Fulgens lily
Nymphaea Laydekeri Fulgens lily with beautiful flower petal colour is vivid burgundy-red deepening and flaked. The flower is shaped cuplike, the fragrance slight. Extremely free flowering.
- Flower size 13 – 15 cm (5 – 6 inches) the number of petals averaging at around 20
- The top leaves are green; the new leaves are purplish green and have dark purple blotches. The underside is purple with a prominent V on new leaves. The leaves are almost round lobes which overlap, covering two thirds of the sinus. The stem purple, brown in colour.
- Leaf size 22 x 19 cm (8.5 x 7.5 inches)
- Leaf spread 1.2 – 1.5 m (4 – 5 feet) when mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Laydekeri Fulgens ‘ is one of the best lilies and it is one of the best bloomers it has the largest flowers of all the Laydekeri lilies and leaf spread. It is one of the first to flower in the spring and can go on until the autumn, we recommended this lily for any size pond.
- Planting depth 30 -60 cm (12 – 24 inches) from soil level in full sun
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NR085
- We ship all water lilies bare root; this means that we wash all the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are very heavy feeders and benefit from a slow-release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available via telephone Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and are available via email outside these hours. We are happy to help with any queries you may have.