Nymphaea ‘ Sirius ‘ ( Red lily )
Nymphaea ‘ Sirius ‘ ( Red water lily ) a beautiful water lily suitable for medium size ponds. The inner petals are deep purple-red with some flecking. The outer petals are purplish red with some flecking and white tips. With a star shaped flower and a delicate fragrance which is slight. This lily is stunningly free flowering from June through to September.
- Flower size 15 – 18 cm ( 6 – 7 inches ) number of petals on average is 27
- The top leaf is green, the new leaves are lightly blotched purple. The underside if the leaves are green with light green veins. The Leaf round sinus is wide open. The Stem colour is brownish purple with some fuzz on stem.
- Leaf size is up to 28 cm ( 11 inches ) when mature.
- Leaf spread is 1.5 – 1.8 m ( 5 – 6 feet ) when mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Sirius ‘ ( Red water lily ) named for the brightest star in the heavens it is a striking star shaped lily. We would recommended for medium to large ponds
- Planting depth 30cm to 80cm from the soil level to the surface of the water positioned in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NR131
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.