Nymphaea ‘ Somptuosa ‘ ( Pink )
Nymphaea ‘ Somptuosa ‘ ( Pink ). The flower petal colour has beautiful inner petals of deep pink then glowing red flecked on the inner most petals. The outer petals white blushed pink. Flower shape is peony style and it’s fragrance is slight. A free flowering lily suitable for medium to large ponds or lakes. Make a wonderful addition to any pond giving a burst of colour and providing good habitat and shade for aquatic wildlife.
- Flower size 13 – 15 cm ( 5 – 6 inches ) Number of petals 35 on average
- Leaf colour top leaves are bright green with faint purple mottling the new leaves light purple and dark purple mottles. Leaves are quite round lobes which usually overlap 2 cm at the begging of the sinus, the rest of the sinus wide open. Stem colour bronzey green .
- Leaf size 20 cm when mature
- Leaf spread 1.2 – 1.5 m when mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Somptuosa ‘ is a good bicolour pink and white and some what flecked water lily. Suited for medium to large ponds
- Planting depth 40 – 100 cm ( 15 – 39 inches ) from soil level
- Position in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NP175
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.