Nymphaea ‘ Starburst ‘ ( Pink lily )
Nymphaea ‘ Starburst ‘ ( Pink lily ) Is a beautiful lily. The outer petals are almost white with a light red blush at the base. The flower shape is full star it’s fragrance is slight. This lily is free flowering. We would recommend this lily for medium size ponds. It provides good surface cover and shelter for aquatic wildlife.
- Flower size 10 – 12.5 ( 4 – 5 inches ) number of petals on average is 28 -30
- The top leaves are green, the newer leaves are olive green or bronzy. The underside of the leaves are reddish purple. The leaf is nearly round and the lobes overlap slightly at the sinus and has distinctive tip on lobes , The stem colour is brown
- Leaf size 10 – 12.5 ( 5 – 5 inches ) when mature
- Leaf spread 0.9 – 1.5 m ( 4 – 5 feet ) when mature
- Nymphaea ‘Starburst ‘ has an interesting blend of red and white star shaped flowers that give way to a pink hue . We would recommended this lily for medium size ponds .
- Planting depth 60 – 90 cm ( 24 – 35 inches ) from the basket to the top of the water level in full sun.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NP180
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.