Nymphaea ‘ Sultan ‘ ( Red lily )
Nymphaea ‘ Sultan ‘ ( Red lily ) is a beautiful lily the flower petal colour is a deep pink, then it changes to a deep red by the second day on the inner petals. The outer petals are pale pink then they become rich red by the second day. Flecking develops from the inner petals to the outer petals. The flower shape is cuplike and the fragrance is ever so slight, this lily is very free flowering.
- Flower size 15 – 18 cm ( 6 – 7 inches ) Number of petals 24 – 25
- Leaf colour The top leaf is green underside green, the new leaves appear bronzy in colour. The leaf’s round lobes overlap sinus. Frequently both lobes turn upward. The stem colour is brown, older stems appear stripped purple with fuzz only on under water stems.
- Leaf size 25 – 28 cm ( 10 – 11 inches ) when mature
- Leaf spread 1.2 – 1.5 m ( 4 – 5 feet ) when mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Sultan ‘ is one of the top red water lilies. We would recommend this lily for medium to large ponds or lakes
- Planting depth 30 – 60 cm ( 12 – 24 inches ) from soil level to the top of the water.
- Position in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NR132
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping