Nymphaea ‘ Virginia ‘ ( Yellow )
Nymphaea ‘ Virginia ‘ ( Yellow ) the flowers are beautiful in colour the inner petals are a pale yellow deeper towards the centre. The outer petals appear as almost white making this an eye catching lily. Flower shape quite full and is star shaped fragrance noticeable in new blooms. It is free flowering in summer. As well as being lovely to look at Lily’s provide a good habitat for aquatic wildlife giving them shade from the sun and perching places. This lily is perfect for planting in medium to large ponds or in lakes.
- Flower size 18 -20cm Number of petals 23 – 27 on average.
- Leaf colour The top green perimeter blotched with purple, new leaves are green and heavily blotched with small purple blotches . Underside is reddish in appearance. The leaf is egg shaped. Lobes occasionally overlap near petiole. Stem colour is a dark olive green with fuzz and fine hairs on peduncle and petiole .
- Leaf size 25 – 22 cm when mature.
- Leaf spread 1.5 – 1.8m when mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Virginia ‘ this lily is very pale yellow almost white.
- Planting depth 30 – 60 cm ( 12 -24 inches ) from soil level
- Position in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NW135
- We ship all water lilies bare root. This means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.