‘Florida Sunset’ Water lily
‘Florida Sunset’ Water lily. Nymphaea. The flower petals are a beautiful shade of yellow with a pink blush which is heavier at the base. The flower is cuplike in shape then peony-shaped, fragrance is slight. Lily’s provide surface cover on your pond which helps to control algae. They are also beneficial to aquatic wildlife with the pads providing cover and resting areas for perching pollinators and shade from the sun for aquatic wildlife.
- Leaf colour: the top new leaves are dark olive green and heavily blotched with purple. Underside leaves are reddish and heavily blotched purple . Leaves round sinus closed, lobes overlap. Each lobe has a 1.2cm ( 1.2 inches ) point at tip.
- Stem colour brown with thick fuzz on peduncle and petiole .
- Flower size 15.2 – 21.5 cm
- Number of petals an average 35 to 36
- Leaf size 22.8 cm (
- Leaf spread 1.2m – 1.9m (4 – 6 feet ) when mature
- ‘Florida Sunset’ Water lily is a free flowering water lily and we would recommend it for medium to large ponds
- Planting depth 30cm – 60cm ( 12 – 24 inches ) of water above the soil level of the basket to the surface of the water.
- Position in still water in full sun.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NY015
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are open from 08:30am to 16:30pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.