White Water lily ‘Moondance’ Nymphaea ‘Moondance’
White Water lily ‘Moondance’, Nymphaea ‘ Moondance ‘ the flower petals are creamy white. The flower is star shaped and the fragrance a slight sweet scent. It is also free flowering. Suitable for planting in medium to large ponds and lakes. Lily’s provide a good habitat for aquatic wildlife giving them resting places and shelter from the sun.
- Flower size 15 cm ( 6 inches ) Number of petals 30
- Leaf colour top olive green with chocolate and burgundy blotches and the underside is greyish red with burgundy blotches. The leaf is oval with an open sinus. Stem colour is reddish brown
- Leaf size 22.5 x 20 cm ( 10 x 8 inches )
- Leaf spread 1.2 – 1.8 m ( 4 – 6 feet ) when mature
- Planting depth 30cm – 60cm of water depth.
- Position in full sun in still water.
- Nymphaea ‘ Moondance ‘ won first prize in its category at the International Water Lily and Water Garden Society 2001. Recommended for medium and large ponds
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across preferably larger.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information.
- Product Code: NW101