Dwarf Blue sedge (Carex panicea)
Dwarf Blue sedge (Carex panicea) is a British native marginal plant it is a tussock forming / clump forming grass with wide, glaucous-blue, evergreen, leaves and lovely arching, chocolate brown flowerheads. It is attractive to birds, mammals and amphibians and provides a good habitat for wildlife. Can be planted in lakes ponds and streams as well as bog gardens. It is a wonderful addition to your pond.
- Position in full sun to partial shade.
- Height :- 20-40cm (8-16 in) when mature
- Depth of water above crown: 0-15cm (0-6in)
- Flowers between June and August.
- Wildlife Friendly.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and via email. Our plant team will be able to help you with any queries or question you may have.