Mares Tail (Hippuris Vulgaris) Marginal
Mares Tail (Hippuris Vulgaris) Marginal . Shallow water marginal native pond plant which is useful both as a marginal and can act as an oxygenating aquatic plant. It has stems clad with whorls of linear, blue-green foliage and some are submerged, whilst some are massed in an upright habit above the water surface. It provides useful cover for small fish and other aquatic wildlife.
- Planting depth 6-20 cm (3-8 in) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0320
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Please note this is not Equisetum arvense also often called Mares Tail or Horsetail which is an invasive weed.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.