Reed Sweet Grass (Glyceria Maxima) Native Shallow water plant
Reed Sweet Grass (Glyceria Maxima) is a native, marginal, shallow water plant with bright green, narrow, strap like leaves. A robust perennial aquatic grass. Suitable for growing in medium to large ponds near lakes and stream or marshy boggy grounds. It provides good cover for a variety of pond wildlife.
- Vigorous growth and therefore not for the small pond.
- Height 120-180cm (48-60in)
- Planting depth 0-30cm (0-12in)
- position in full sun.
- Flowers from June to August.
- Cut back old leaves in the autumn.
- Can be divided every 2 – 3 years in the spring.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0310
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team would be happy to help with any queries you may have.