Hair Grass (Eleocharis acicularis ) Native marginal
Hair Grass (Eleocharis acicularis ) Native marginal plant. This plant is also know as Needle Spike rush and is one of the most versatile water plants there is. Hair grass will also grow in ponds ,wet meadows, marsh lands, slow moving streams and lakes as well as muddy margins and natural swimming pools. When planted as a marginal it has grass like stems from which burst short and spiky little flowers. When planted deeper you do not see the flowers. It is a beneficial plant to have in your pond to support wildlife frogs, fish and newts like to lay eggs under this plants as it is a creeping plant over time it forms a matt.
- It can be planted up to a depth of water of 60 cm.
- It can also grow as a marginal plant.
- Position in full sun
- Wildlife friendly
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plan
- Cut back in spring to promote the plants health
- Easy to maintain
- Please note that we ship all of our plants bareroot. This means that we wash the soil from the roots prior to shipping. During the summer months we may need to trim some foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 16:30 pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.