Yellow Flag Iris (Iris Pseudacorus) native shallow water plant
Yellow Flag Iris (Iris Pseudacorus) is a native, shallow water, marginal pond plant. A strong growing, large clump forming, indigenous plant producing broad sword shaped green leaves. In early to mid summer it bears rich golden flowers followed by brown seed heads. These later split to shed its large pea sized seeds which will germinate quite easily.
The leaves are attractive and sword like. A beautiful plant that will not only add a wonderful colour to your garden but with add architectural and structural interest. They are a colourful plant and make a good addition to garden ponds, lakes, alongside streams and even in a moist garden spot.
- Height to 152cm (5 ft) when mature.
- Will tolerate up to 30cm (12 in) of water over its crown.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0410
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.