Hard Rush (Juncus inflexus)
Hard Rush (Juncus inflexus) is a native, shallow water marginal pond plant. This plant is tufted with erect grey-green leafless ridged stems. It bears brown flowers from late spring until mid-summer. A clump forming plant which is also evergreen thus providing useful winter interest. Juncus are a tough and very versatile plant the are naturally found alongside streams, rivers, lakes. They are suitable for growing on your pond margins, around the edges of your ponds or lakes and in moist boggy wetlands
- Likes to be positioned in full sun to partial shade.
- Height 50-100cm (19-39 in) when mature.
- Planting depth 0-8cm of water or in permanently moist boggy soil.
- Tidy and cut back after flowering.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0490
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.