Reed Canary Grass (Phalaris arundinacea)
Reed Canary Grass (Phalaris arundinacea) native Shallow water plant is a vigorous spreading grass with blue-green foliage. Tall, pinkish flower-heads are produced in summer. It is valuable for shady areas. Reed canary grass can be used to provide cover for birds or wildlife cover. It can also be used to stabilise the banks of ponds and other watercourses. We are able to supply in a variety of ways to suit your needs please contact us if you require any further information.
- Height can reach up to 200cm (78in)
- Planting depth 0-15cm (0-6in)
- Plant in a basket to control the spread of this plant.
- Position in moist but well-drained soil in sun or partial shade.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0720
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.