Marsh marigold (Caltha Palustris)
Marsh marigold (Caltha Palustris) is a native shallow water plant also known as King Cup. It is one of the most popular plants amongst gardener’s and we think it should be with beautiful bright yellow flowers in early spring. It gives that early boost of colour to your gardens letting you know that spring is truly here. Interestingly if you cut back after flowering you can occasionally get a second crop later. Suitable for planting in all ponds, containers tubs and barrels and alongside lakes and streams.
- Is happy in wet mud or up to 10cm (4 in.) of water.
- Prefers to be positioned in full sun, and will make a clump of up to 45cm (18 in ) across and 30cm (12 in) tall.
- Care:-Harmful if eaten.
- Cut back after flowering to encourage new growth.
- Easy to maintain.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0120
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.