Cotton Grass (Eriophorum Angustifolia)
Cotton Grass (Eriophorum Angustifolia)is a native shallow water, marginal pond plant. This sedge forms neat mounds of dark green leaves from which grow the fluffy cotton-wool like tufts of the seedheads hence the lovely name. Suitable for planting in the shallow margins of your pond or in permanently moist soil around lakes streams and rivers. Also good for wildlife in wetland areas. A truly little gem of a plant that will add interest to any pond.
- Planting depth: 0-10cm ( 0-4in ) of water above crown.
- Height 30cm ( 12 in ).
- Likes to positioned in full sun.
- You should dead head this plant regularly through the growing season to promote the plants health.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0280
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.