Marsh Cinquefoil (Potentilla palustris)
Marsh Cinquefoil (Potentilla palustris) is an attractive native marginal plant it has lobed leaves and beautiful deep red star shaped flowers in summer. It is one of our most popular plants and is suitable for planting at the water’s edge or the shallow margins of your pond. It is also suitable for bog garden’s and wetland areas with permanently wet soil.
- Position in full sun to slight part shade
- Plant in wet mud at the with up to 10cm depth in permanently moist soil or on the water line in your pond margin.
- It is a good nectar source for bees and hoverflies.
- Flowers May to July
- Planting depth: 0-10 cm (0-4in)
- Height: 20-40cm (8-16in)
- Cut flowered stems down to ground level in autumn to promote the plants health.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.