Pennyroyal (Mentha pulegium) Native
Pennyroyal (Mentha pulegium) Native is a shallow water marginal pond plant. This aromatic plant has pale lavender-pink flowers from August to October. It is a small spreading member of the mint family with a strong peppermint aroma when crushed. Useful for ground cover or to hide the edge of a pond. It can be grown in your pond margins, lakes and streams. It can also be grown in tubs barrels and containers and it will spill over the sides to provide good coverage.
- Bees love it and is noted to attract wildlife.
- Native. Happy growing in wet soil or as a shallow water plant.
- Height 5cm (2in),
- Planting depth 0cm to 5cm (0in to 2in)
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0655
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.