Spike-rush (Eleocharis Palustris)
Spike-rush (Eleocharis Palustris) is a native Shallow water, marginal pond, plant. A small British native clump forming rush with attractive dark brown seedheads and green foliage. Suitable for growing in pond margins, wet meadows, near rivers and streams. It adds a wonderful contrast to your pond.
- Height 26cm to 30cm (10in to 12in ) when mature.
- Planting depth 0cm to 10cm ( 0in to 4in )
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Flowers with fine brown spikey flowers from June to August.
- Cut back just above the water level after autumn when the foliage has died.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0290
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.