Water Mint (Mentha Aquatica) native Marginal plants
Water Mint (Mentha Aquatica) is a native shallow water plant. It has a distinctive mint smell and produces a profusion of lilac coloured flowers in ball like clusters. Is happy in sun or part shade. It is a good plant to have in your pond for attracting wildlife. It provides egg laying opportunities for flying wildlife such as dagonflies as well as shelter for emerging aquatic wildlife and frog spawn. When in bloom it is a valuable food source for pollinators. Suitable for planting in ponds, alongisde rivers and streams as well as moist wetland areas.
- Care – this is a very vigorous pool edge plant which, when in flower in a large pool situation and having spread to form a large clump, is quite spectacular. You can contain this in small pool by using baskets and controlling the spread.
- Height to 60cm ( 2 ft )
- Will grow in moist soil or in water to a depth of 15cm ( 6 ins ).
- Flowers from July to August
- Cut back after flowering and to control spread as the plant develops.
- Will become dormant during the winter and colder weather and fresh growth will be seen as it gets warmer.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0650We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.