Sweet Galingale (Cyperus Longus)
Sweet Galingale (Cyperus Longus) is a native, marginal, shallow water plant. A tall vigorous, but architectural hardy evergreen, produces arching grass-like foliage, and grass like spikelets of seed that turn reddish-brown in autumn. Great for planting in your pond margins or alongside ponds, streams, lakes, bog gardens and wetland area.
- Is happy in moist soil or in the pond margins.
- Can be grown in pots to avoid the spread of invasive roots
- Planting depth 0-12cm (0-5in) above the crown.
- Height 92cm (36in.)
- Flowers in summer.
- Easy to maintain, cut back old foliage in late autumn.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0250
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.