Gypsywort (Lycopus europaeus) Native
Gypsywort (Lycopus europaeus) Native is a shallow water, marginal pond plant. The flowers are small and grow in whorls just above the base of the upper leaves a very pretty plant. They look similar to mint flowers and are closely related to the mint family but are white with some purple spots. The serrated leaves grow in opposite pairs from the square stem. Suitable for growing in the shallow margins of ponds and lakes and in wetland areas.
- Good for pollinators.
- Height 45-90cm ( 18-36in) .
- Planting depth from 0-15cm ( 0-6 in ).
- Cut back after flowering.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0550
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.