Red Water Soldier Stratiotes
Red Water Soldier Stratiotes Rubiflora, is quite an exotic plant, looking as it does like the top of a floating Pineapple!! It is a genus of a submerged aquatic plant and is a wonderful addition to any pond with dramatic structural impact as it matures.
- It has a rosette of serrated, sword-like, leaves and also produces white or pinkish 3 petalled, flowers. The male flowers are in clusters and the female flowers are solitary. This plant tends to sink to the bottom during the winter rising to the surface during the summer months. They also produce off-sets underneath that can be detached from the main plant to make new plants, as it matures and develops, you can just float the new plants.
- Flowers 3cm across.
- Leaves up to 45cm long when mature.
- Flowers in summer
- This plant is fragrance free.
- Reaches Maturity in around 2 years
- Offers resting and sheltering places for aquatic insects such as dragonfly and damselfly larvae and frog spawn it is very friendly for wildlife.
- Simply drop into your pond.
- Depth of water 30cm (12in) minimum
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.