Golden Japanese Rush (Acorus gramineus ‘Ogon’)
Golden Japanese Rush, Acorus gramineus ‘Ogon’, is a shallow water plant that produces attractive golden foliage. A compact semi-evergreen or evergreen (in milder areas), grass like perennial. It forms a clump of narrow, bright yellow leaves, lightly striped with yellowish – green. Spikes of significant flowers are borne on the tips of central leaf like stems. It is good from ground cover.
- Suitable for smaller gardens, alongside streams and pond margins. Growing to about 15cm to 23cm (6ins to 9ins) in height.
- Good for bog gardens can be planted directly into wet soil.
- Position happy in wet soil or at the water’s edge or in the margins of your pond.
- Thrives when placed in full sun to part shade.
- Planting depth: 0-3cm (0-1in) of water above soil level.
- Low maintenance and easy to grow.
- A good plant for adding a golden glow during winter.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and `16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.