Barred horsetail (Equisetum japonicum) Shallow water plant
Barred horsetail (Equisetum japonicum), also known as Japanese Horsetail, is a shallow water (marginal) plant composed of cylindrical, hollow, evergreen green stems with white and black knots, it does not have leaves. Good for providing year-round interest and for providing architectural structure and height to your pond and winter interest. It is a very impressive plant as it grows to its full height.
- Plant in full sun or partial shade.
- Height from 100-120c m (39-48in) tall when mature.
- Planting depth up to 15cm (6in) depth of water above crown.
- Best grown in a basket to keep contained.
- Cut back in early spring to promote new growth.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0260
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team would be happy to help with any queries you may have.