Chameleon Plant (Houttuynia cordata variegatus)
Chameleon Plant (Houttuynia cordata variegatus) Shallow water marginal pond plant. This happy, multi-coloured little plant is grown for its interesting variegated foliage. Just plant it in the mud, at pool or stream side in full sun, and it wanders about throwing up its stems and leaves, vividly blotched in shades of green, cream, yellow pink and red in the water or out on the bank. If planted into a back it will spread naturally or if in the margins in a basket can easily be contained. When crushed the leaves give off a scent of orange peel. Bears insignificant, white flowers.
- Can form clumps.
- Position in full sun to partial shade.
- Also known as Harlequin plant.
- Height 30cm (12in)
- Planting depth 0-5cm (0-2in) of water or in permanently moist soil.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: M0335
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.